Monday, April 28, 2008

Banquet

Last Saturday night was Rosslyn's middle school banquet- our "1/3 Baptist" school's version of a dance. Hey, you don't usually get to eat phenomenal Indian food at a school dance, so I'm not complaining. One of my favorite restaurants catered, and some of my kids even let me take their picture. So here you go.

A few 8th grade girls, with the flags of the student body flying in the background


Some of my 7th grade girls, with their favorite (and only) math teacher


Self-conscious 7th grade boys


Cool 7th grade boys =)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

How fun!

Angel said...

you and "your" kids look beautiful! =)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It brings back such wonderful memories. They're vicarious, embellished, and totally fictional memories (I never went to dances in middle or high school - hated them), but nonetheless! I didn't have fun math teachers to encourage me to "be cool". 'Course we didn't have awesome Indian food there either...

Anonymous said...

Nice red dress :) I'm so happy to be online again so that I can see your blog!

Anonymous said...

Dandelion Head says she is so glad that those cool and those anxious kids have Jessie Lynn for their leaning post. That hymn "Trust and Obey" has been an anchor for me for about 66 years, and my father before me.

Jessielynn said...

Mrs. Stevens, you were the one holding the flip book back in Awana. You've long been _my_ leaning post.