Sunday, November 16, 2008

Christmas Visit

This morning I'm a little homesick, which prompted me to make a list of what I'm looking forward to about being in the US. I don't know if it made the homesickness better or worse...

I haven't blogged in a while, so I thought I'd share the list. Some have "I need a break from Africa" undertones, which I usually don't allow myself and hardly ever publish. But it will give you some insight into what I'm feeling these days. Remember- the list is far from complete, so rest assured that I AM looking forward to seeing you even if it didn't cross my mind at 5:30 this morning.

Things I'm looking forward to on this visit:
  • Worshiping at Crossroads
  • Coming into a warm building from the cold
  • A hug from Uncle Arf
  • Seeing progress on the new building (the framing was almost done at my going away party)
  • Breakfast with Dad
  • A backrub from Mom
  • Chile Works
  • Bobcat Bite
  • Holding my new "nieces and nephews"- Ava, Ina, Olivia, Rowan, Ryley
  • Skiing
  • Visiting the Simple Lodge and Hostel
  • Seeing married Lynches
  • Driving in the mountains
  • A McCranie/Schoenborn latte
  • El Parasol
  • Movies at the Reel Deal
  • Power that stays on
  • Target
  • Wireless internet
  • Knutson time
  • Cars that start on the first try
  • Dogs that aren't guards
  • Trading the clothes I've been wearing for the last year and a half for a different suitcaseful
  • Seeing who comes into Starbucks/Coffee Booth/ Film Festival
  • Cheese that tastes good
  • Stream-of-consciousness conversations at the Christensen table
  • Seeing how kids I've poured into are doing
  • Thomson time
  • Seeing how tall the Gilbert boys are now
  • A good African visit with Dena
  • Sidewalks
  • Marked lanes
  • Snow
  • A walk in Mrs. Stevens's canyon

5 comments:

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Can't wait to see you very soon!! ( and hopefully multiple times at Starbucks :) )
Praying for you - I know it can be especially hard moving into Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
Much love and many hugs.

Addie said...

Please please please give all those Gilberts a hug from me! And I hope your time at home is all you hoped it could be and more. :)

Unknown said...

I teared knowing we made the list - well at least my boys did. *grin* BUT when are you here - because we may not be here - sad and troublesome...

We love and Miss you Jessie!

Joy said...

Aw man. Now I'M homesick! Glad you can come home for Christmas. Sorry I can't meet you there. :-) (the boys all say hi)

Anna said...

I just got back from Thanksgiving in Colorado and I'm less than excited to be in DC. Your list certainly resonates! See you soon!!!