Monday, June 29, 2009

The Food

All right, the post you've been waiting for... To put it in context, I can get lots of wonderful food here in Nairobi- delicious Indian food, fresh organic produce. What I can't get is good bread, cheese, and chocolate. And that's what central Europe excels at, and it would be a shame to not eat the local food, right? Let's call my post-trip padding "pastry pounds."

I may be in love.
Beth and her mousse
Did I mention I can't get berries here? So the wealth of raspberries, blackberries, cherries, and strawberries were terribly tempting. Especially in a crepe.
Good Bavarian food- pretzel, bratwurst, sauerkraut, mustard. Mmm.
Schnitzel and spatzle- who cares if it looks like little maggots? It tastes good.
Fondue in Switzerland, naturally!
And of course, French Onion Soup in France. It deserves the capital letters.

3 comments:

Addie said...

I miss French crepes. They are NOT the same on this side of the pond. Also, the French Onion Soup looks magical. I shouldn't have read this hungry, because I'm now RAVENOUS! Hurray for bread, cheese, and chocolate!

Anonymous said...

The French have a love/hate relationship with their bread. They lovingly craft it and then drown it!

Hieu TNS said...

ohhh , delicius!