Thursday, March 6, 2008

Joys and Sorrows

I'm in the States in preparation for Ben and Christy's wedding- which is a joy!

And as life always is, there's a little sorrow mixed in the middle; today is the anniversary of John Jensen's death in an avalanche. But I'm glad I get to be here with other people who knew him while I mourn another year without my lego-loving friend. I'm sure I'll be able to keep up with him on the ski slopes in heaven. =)

This is one of my favorite pictures. Several of the best men in my life are surrounding me: Jason in front, Zeke at my feet, and John behind.

1 comment:

Angel said...

that is an amazing picture. i love the black and white with the light rays shining through. simple and beautiful. not to mention it's got some of my favorite people of all time in it. i miss john. i love you lots, jessie girl.