Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Kids

The new staff have arrived at Rosslyn, and they all went out to lunch today.

About a third of the table-fulls are returning staff who are hosting these new guys; I'm hosting two single women about my age. I clearly remember the intensity of those first few months, so please pray for their transitions, their relationships, and the process of figuring out who they want to be here in Kenya. It's nice for me to be the host instead of the newbie; it shows me that I have actually adjusted and made good decisions about how I want to live here.

A neat connection- my friend Scott Barnett, who I worked with at Honey Rock, has gotten married and they've been living in Colorado lately. He and his wife Lara just moved to Kenya. She'll be teaching art at Rosslyn; he'll be doing camp ministry stuff with Tanari. As it turns out, they know my former roommate Kimberly through her hostel in Salida. I gave Kimberly most of my dishes when I moved here, since I had so much stuff for feeding large numbers of people. And apparently, those plates are in cabinets that hang next to some of Lara's art. It's fun to find these little overlaps.

And just in case I haven't told you (I must have mentioned it a dozen times at lunch), my parents arrive TOMORROW!!! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should show off your conversational skills with police for your parents. Maybe let them get in on the action too. Then you can all laugh it over together when you're incarcerated. Then again, maybe not. Have fun with the fam!! :P ~Anna