Saturday, September 20, 2008

Twin Day

For those of you who don't know her, I'd like to introduce you to my colleague and friend Wendy. She teaches next door to me, and we are the only 2 female teachers in the middle school. So when "Twin Day" came during Spirit Week, we knew we had to dress alike. (That and the Kenyan staff can't tell us apart anyway- never mind that she had blond hair and a thick Texarkana accent. We are clearly interchangeable).

How we made the decision to be Rodeo Queens is still a bit of a mystery to me- it was an organic process that I believe neither of us could take credit for on our own. She brought the earrings back from the States over the summer (she's a planner...); I didn't have any clothes to match hers except jeans and a white t-shirt. Abby Nipper, age 4, made us tiaras. And if you're wearing a tiara, you've _got_ to wear a lot of lipstick, right?

My 2 favorite kid comments, both from Korean boys:
JuWon: Miss Gac! Beautiful! Miss America!
John: No offense, Miss Gac, but that's just not pretty.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Fabulous.

Anna said...

It's like a mirror! That's fantastic!