Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hoedown

Since we don't have autumn here, the Rosslyn Social Committee does their best to imitate fall with our October social: bonfire, weenie roast, pony rides.

But what's a hoedown without the dancing? And despite the 1/3 Baptist ownership of Rosslyn Academy, there was SQUARE DANCING.

I suppose posting something on one's blog makes it no longer a secret: I love to square dance. Not sure why. But I love it, as evidenced by this picture where I'm smiling big enough to swallow my own face.


The next morning, I was explaining to an African friend that we had been doing traditional American harvest dances. He nodded with understanding. But then I rethought- Is YMCA a harvest dance? What about the Electric Slide? Bunny Hop? Sure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunno. Looks more like the TX 2-step to me...Go, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

YMCA? A harvest dance? Of course! What else could it be?

Addie said...

You look radiant - glad you're having such fun! I'm a fan of country dancing, though I admit I draw a line at square-dancing. :) But that's just me.

Anonymous said...

What!? No macarena?