Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Off!

Well, Spring Break is officially here! My grades are exported, my lesson plans written, my xeroxing done. I can walk into my classroom on the 14th ready to go. So I feel free and easy, but I've worked plenty hard this week and am in that beginning-of-vacation crash mode, the one where I fall asleep watching a movie on Friday afternoon and _maybe_ wake up Saturday for dinner...

But I'll have to forgo my usual hibernation this time: I'm leaving for EGYPT!!! =) =)

Yes indeedy, at 2 AM tonight/tomorrow the taxi will stop outside my apartment, and I'll load in myself and my big blue backpack. 3 more folks to pick up, flight leaves at 5:15, arrive in Cairo mid-morning, and head straight for the pyramids. The camera's charging, I have an extra pair of contacts, we've stocked up on Dramamine for the plane/bus/boat/train rides, and I'm ready to kick Chris, Chris, and Wendy's butts at Sudoku. They're ready to kick mine at Rook no doubt, and they promise to teach me ?Yuker? Eucher? Euchre? Youkurr? Sure. I look forward to a lot of laughter, some amazing sights, and stories to tell for years.

Pictures are sure to follow. Have a terrific Easter!

No comments: